Thursday, July 8, 2010

School Holidays and Taking it Slow

My son, the snake charmer at Taronga Zoo...

What did I do today?

Well, it's school holidays so I'm actually spending some time with the kids. All this rain is quite a bother, so we've bunkered down today and done some housework, played computer games, did some cooking... and even washed the dog. Not that he was too happy about that.

Braved the weather yesterday with a trip to the zoo, but when it started bucketing down we headed home.

Am I getting any work done these holidays? Yes, late at night and I've started working on my fantasy series for Walker Books. I have to write six books and fortify my world-building a little bit more. To do this, I've been drawing maps of my kingdom and neighbouring ones, been writing out some Character Profile Sheets for my main characters and starting to let the stories flow.

Housework today helped the ideas come and so did a nice long shower. I've been focused on marketing activities for Puggle's Problem and Totally Twins lately, so I guess I've been kind of worried that I'd lost the knack of writing. I do tend to do this - doubt myself - but don't we all. Now that the ideas are flowing, though, I feel really good. I know I can do this. Oh well, must fly, there's a DVD player that's got stuck and so I must fix it so the kids have some holiday entertainment!

TTFN,
Aleesah

No comments:

Post a Comment