Monday, July 5, 2010

A Puggle Is Born


Well, the auspicious date of 1st of July has arrived and flown past very quickly. Why auspicious? Because that's the day my first ever picture book, Puggle's Problem was released. I am so thrilled with how all the launch activities have gone so far.

I had a huge launch at my kids school, Balgowlah Heights Primary School on Friday 2nd July. About 250 students were packed into the library to hear me speak, to enjoy a yummy Australian-style afternoon tea and to see the special guest for the day, Penny Possum, and her carer, Eira Battaglia. By all accounts everyone had a wonderful time. Oliver Phommavanh, stand-up comedian, teacher and newly published author, launched my book and he did a wonderful job. All the parents at the school were SOOOO supportive, I can't thank them enough. And all I can keep thinking is that I'm SOOOO lucky.

On Saturday, 3rd July, I attend the Children's and Young Adult Literary Festival at the NSW Writers Centre. I'd have to say it was one of the best organised and best attended festivals I've been to. Thanks in large part to the wonderful foresight and organisation of the Festival Director, Susanne Gervay. Susanne gives so much of herself to every project she undertakes. Not only that, the Centre's staff were on hand throughout the day and it was clear they had all worked hard to make the festival a huge success.

Again, I was lucky, this time because I was included on a panel at the festival, talking about picture books alongside the delightful Jeni Mawter (fellow author) and Rochelle Manners (publisher/owner of Wombat Books).

Most of this month and next will be spent promoting Puggle's Problem. I have school visits, bookstore signings, preschool & daycare visits, radio interviews and more lined up. It's going to be a busy but fun time and I'm so glad to be where I am right now.

TTFN
Aleesah

No comments:

Post a Comment