Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pearson Education Accepts My Chapter Book!

I'm very excited about my first foray into the educational publishing market. Pearson Education have accepted a chapter book of mine, titled, "Fangs". It's a story about a rather unusual pet named Fangs who isn't quite what you think he is...

I have to send the final version of the story back to Pearson by the end of May, after which time it will be illustrated. Can't wait to see who the illustrator is going to be. I wonder if I will know them? And, I can't wait to see the finished product! Hopefully, it will be out some time in 2011.

Besides working on my Tassie devils ms, which Kate Forsyth is mentoring me on through the ASA Mentorship that I won in 2009, I've been working on promotional plans for Puggle's Problem (due out in July) and my Persephone series (due out in September). I have been absolutely thrilled with the response I've received so far. I've had interest from schools, libraries, bookstores, newspapers and magazines who are keen to help me promote my books. Next, I aim to tackle local radio stations. Wish me luck.

In the meantime, my agent is submitting other picture book mss to publishers for me. It's such a long lead time from submission to acceptance to publication for a picture book, but it's well worth the wait!

Did I mention that I will be appearing at the CYA Conference in Brisbane on 4 September, 2010? As that is where I secured my agent, Jacinta di Mase, the conference organisers thought it only fitting that I appear on the 'CYA Success Story' panel. While I'm up in Brissie, I'll be doing a whole host of promotional activities, including an in-store event at Black Cat Paddington, which has just been confirmed tonight.

Well, I'd best be off. Have a few more emails to send before calling it quits for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment