Thursday, April 15, 2010

Essential Style & Focus Magazine Interview

Well, the article I wrote on maternity fashions appeared in Essential Style (fashion and homewares section of The Sydney Morning Herald) today. It's on page 18 and the headline is 'Designer Bump'. The article features the latest winter fashion styles and tips from designers at MBC, Fragile and Szabo. It was very exciting to see my name in print and have my friends contact me to say they had read it.

To promote my tour of the Manning Valley and Great Lakes in July, Focus Magazine is running an interview on me. They sent me a series of questions, which I had to answer and keep to a limit of 650 words. Not an easy thing to do when you've got so much to say! I'm happy to say I completed the questions today and sent them off with accompanying photos of myself and images of my book covers. I'll look forward to seeing the article in print - with both trepidation and excitement. Being on the cusp of publication is an interesting, exciting, nerve-wracking and FUN place to be.

As part of our CBCA Northern Sydney sub-branch activities, our planning committee is organising a range of workshops and events to take place during the Manly Arts Festival. Besides having a luncheon at St Patrick's in Manly for 200 school students, we are also in the throes of finalising workshop topics. Kate Forsyth, Belinda Murrell, Oliver Phommovanh, Felicity Pulman, Karen Robertson, myself and others have big plans for entertaining the masses - more on this to come soon.

So, that's today in a nutshell. I wonder what tomorrow will bring...

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aleesah. I read you were doing a Blog through PIO and thought I'd have a squiz.
    It's inspiring reading all the things you're doing- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Natalie. I'm glad you enjoyed reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete