Monday, April 12, 2010

Publishers, Persephone & Puggles

Today I met with Sophia Whitfield from New Frontier, the company publishing my junior series for girls aged 9+: The Fabulous Diary of Persephone Pinchgut. The lovely and delightful Serena Geddes, illustrator for the series, was also in the meeting.

We talked about lots of things including the book covers, how well the books were received at the Bologna Book Fair (great response there!) and our plans for marketing the series. We obviously have loads of work to do, but that's the fun of it. I'm really looking forward to September when the first book, 'Totally Twins' is released. Serena and I will be visiting schools, libraries and bookstores all around Australia.

A real thrill for me was to see the New Frontier catalogue, which has a page dedicated to the Persephone series. Just imagine, my books are in a publishers' catalogue! And when I got home, I had an email from another one of my publishers, Rochelle Manners at Wombat Books. She sent through a pdf of the Wombat Books catalogue, which is about to go to print, and it features a write up on my picture book, Puggle's Problem. So, I guess you could say that's a good day.

Well, best sign off now, lots of work to do and maybe some writing can be squeezed in there, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment