Sunday, May 23, 2010

The Week In Review

This week has flown by! As usual, it's been busy and exciting and I hardly know where to start.

On Wednesday night, I attended the SCBWI quarterly meeting at the Hughendon. Hosted by Susanne Gervay and Chris Cheng, the SCBWI meetings are always ultra-informative and loads of fun. Jacinta di Mase, my literary agent, was in Sydney for the Writers' Festival, so dropped by. There were about 12 of us on the night, a slightly smaller group than usual, but wonderfully intimate.

Serena Geddes, the illustrator of my twins series, now titled Totally Twins, brought along her rough drawings for the second book in the series, 'Model Behaviour'. Things are shaping up nicely and it was wonderful to see the work in motion. Serena is a talented artist, to be sure, to be sure.

On Thursday, I received a surprise in the mail. The June issue of Touchdown - The School Magazine arrived and in it my story, 'Magali of Istanbul' was published. The illustrations were by the wonderful, the amazing, Noela Young. The story has a twist at the end, but Noela sews the seeds of clues in her pictures which perfectly compliment my story. Thanks, Noela!

For the rest of the week, I've been working on the program for our video conferencing training program, which is being run through e-lit. Several well-known authors and illustrators are involved in the program, including Susanne Gervay, Jeni Mawter, Sue Walker, Laurine Croasdale and Nina Rycroft. I'm very lucky to have the opportunity to work with such wonderful professionals. At the end of June we hope to bring a video conference called 'Literature Live' to a large number of schools across NSW. But, for now, we're still learning to conquer the technology.

Tomorrow is our first training session, where we will be linking up Balgowlah Heights Public School and Blaxland Public School. Wish us luck and I'll keep you posted on our progress!

TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment