Sunday, May 2, 2010

Kate Forsyth & Belinda Murrell Book Launch

Well, this one is going to be a hard act to follow! I have never seen so many people in a bookstore before, but then, we are talking about Kate Forsyth and Belinda Murrell, two wonderful fantasy writers, two lovely people, and of course, two sisters.

Friday night at Berkelouw Books, Balgowlah was buzzing! I'm guessing there were well over a hundred people in the store, sipping champagne and beer, browsing books and chatting. We were all there to help Kate and Belinda launch their two newest creations, 'The Wildkin's Curse' by Kate and 'The Ruby Talisman' by Belinda into the big, wide world.

The evening kicked off with an introduction of both books by Kate and Belinda's brother, Nick, a short welcome and thank you speech by Belinda and Kate and a reading from their books. Then followed some more chatting and champagne sipping. And lots and lots of books being signed by these two very talented sisters.

I had the pleasure of chatting to other authors like Susanne Gervay, Karen Robertson, Sue Murray, Felicity Pulman and Laurine Croasdale. I also met Cassandra Golds for the first time.

My launch for Puggle's Problem, my picture book to be released in July 2010, will also be held at Berkelouw Books at Balgowlah and I only hope it does half as well as Kate and Belinda's! Well-deserved, girls, and congratulations! I know you will have a busy month ahead but I'm sure it will be fun, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment