Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Totally Twins Book Launch and a Glowing Review for Puggle's Problem

Aleesah Darlison (left: author) and Serena Geddes (right: illustrator) at our launch of Totally Twins: Musical Mayhem - and Puggle's Problem still in the picture...


A lovely review of Puggle's Problem appeared on the Buzz Words Magazine blogspot. Check it out at: Buzz Words.

I spent the morning at Killarney Heights Primary School, talking to the children there about Puggle's Problem and Totally Twins. The students and staff were an absolute delight. KHPS is a bilingual school, students are taught to speak English and French and the school is located in the most beautiful spot: quiet, suburban, secluded but with shops, the high school and a recreation oval right nearby. Ah, Killarney Heights is a dream!

Last night saw the official launch of Totally Twins, which was held at Berkelouw Books, Balgowlah. We had around 100 people turn out to help Serena (illustrator for the series) and I celebrate the birth of our new book. The bookstore was absolutely packed, there was a great vibe and I had a wonderful time. It takes an awful lot of energy to plan these events, though, so I am quite glad the festivities are now over!

I'm off to Bookfeast, organised by Michael Fraser, tomorrow at Burwood. Can't wait!

TTFN
Aleesah

2 comments:

  1. Hi Aleesah,
    I am now a follower on your blog and was lucky enough to be part of a video confrence with you on Monday the 20th of september. I was part of the Narromine school group. It was lovely to get to know about you and your books.Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Little Miss Thimble, lovely to receive your message. I'm glad you enjoyed the video conference. Serena and I love doing them. I checked out your blog. It looks cool - and it sounds like you're busy! Best wishes, Aleesah

    ReplyDelete