Monday, June 7, 2010

Totally Twins Taking Off!


These are the brand new covers for my Totally Twins series - renamed from The Fabulous Diary of Persephone Pinchgut. I hope you like them.

This morning, I met with Sophia Whitfield, publisher at New Frontier. I'm setting up a blog spot for the series, which will be 'written by' Persephone, the main character in the books.

Sophia and I had lots to talk about and we also discussed the second book in the series, Model Behaviour, to be released quite quickly after the first book, Musical Mayhem, which comes out in September 2010.

I also saw the illustrations Serena Geddes has done for the second book and they look awesome. Loads of new characters, gorgeous animals and quirky elements - all the things I love about Serena's work. Musical Mayhem goes off to the printers in the next few weeks. Very exciting!

It's a great feeling to be at this stage in my writing career, on the cusp of real-life author-dom and publication of my first few children's books. Sure, I've got a busy few months ahead, but I figure it's all part of getting my name out there and establishing myself.
Yesterday, I spent half the day presenting at Literature Live! practise session at Balgowlah Heights Public School, along with other children's book creators: Susanne Gervay, Sue Walker, Nina Rycroft, Laurine Croasdale, Jeni Mawter and Serena Geddes.
The fun part for me came when I was talking about the characters in my Totally Twins series, and discoverd that I had two real-life identical twins in the audience. Georgia and Lucy were lovely girls and although they looked as identical as Perse and Portia from Totally Twins, they were also very different. Glad to know I got something right!













































































































































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment