Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Taree Library Storytime

Last week I spent three days in Taree and Forster visiting schools and bookstores to talk to kids about my picture book, Puggle's Problem, and my junior series, Totally Twins.

I also ran a Storytime session at Taree Library and a Picture Book Writing Workshop.

The reception I received from everyone - children, parents, teachers and the local media was fantastic. Everyone was so warm and welcoming. I even had a guest spot on the local radio station 2BOB FM talking to Josephine Merino and reading my book out live over the air waves. What a fun experience that was!

Today I was in 'The Gong' at the CBCA Illawarra South Coast children's literary luncheon. The luncheon was held at the Fraternity Club at Fairy Meadow. Di Bates hosted the event and there was a tremendous line-up of well known authors and illustrators including: Oliver Phommovanh, Sue Walker, Susanne Gervay, Deb Abela and Bruce Whatley.

I had the privilege of sitting at Shellharbour Public School's table. The girls from Shellharbour were bright, friendly and enthusiastic. Their TL, Margaret, was a delight and my table host, Marie Smith who also produces and edits the magainze, 'Early Years' was simply amazing, making me feel very welcome.

What a wonderful day - thanks to everyone who made it special!

TTFN,
Aleesah

No comments:

Post a Comment